James A. Wonacott
Phone: (517) 486-4347
Fax: (517) 486-4069
Date of Hire: July 11, 1994
Master of Public Administration Degree, MPA, University of Toledo, 1994
Over 14 years of service in various branches of the U.S. Army
4 years as an active armor officer
6+ years as an Army Reserve/Arm National Guard/Cavalry Officer
Recreation programming at a community center in Rhode Island
Golf Course maintenance and landscaping in Massachusetts and Ohio
Security Guard Experience
Duties as Administrator
- Report to Village Council
- Provide information and recommendation to the Village Council on Village policies, projects, purchases, finances, personnel and employment issues and other matters.
- Implement those policies, projects, purchases, finances, personnel and employment issues and other matters as approved b the Village Council or within the authority granted by the Village Council.
- Supervise department heads in day-to-day village operations, including the Village Office, the Police Department, the Department of Public Works, the Water Department, the Sewer Department, the Building and Zoning Department, and the Swimming Pool and Recreation Department.
- Represent the Village council to various outside agencies (i.e., Other local governments, the Blissfield Schools, the Chamber of Commerce, Region 2 Planning Commission, River Raisin Watershed Council, etc.).