Download Permits Here:
Electrical Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Building Permit Application.pdf
Land Division Application Permit
Variance Special Land Use Re-Zoning Application.pdf
Holly Koester, Zoning Administrator
130 S. Lane Street, Blissfield, MI 49228
Phone: (517) 486-4347
Todd Roach, Building Inspector
Phone: (517) 937-9050
Lou Duby, Electrical Inspector
Phone: (734) 735-1038
Don Olszewski, Plumbing Inspector, Mechanical Inspector
Phone: (419) 466-7238
If you are interested in a pre-application meeting, please contact Holly at (517) 486-4347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for a building permit, site plans must be submitted (see “Site Plan Requirements”)
- Visit the Village Office at 130 S. Lane Street during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9a.m. to 5p.m., to complete the appropriate permit application(s).
The following fees apply to building permits:
Building Permits: 0.88% valuation of proposed project
Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical permits: Cost per application
Minimum Fee: $35.00
To apply for a zoning permit, site plans must be submitted (see "Site Plan Requirements).
Visit the Village Office at 130 S. Lane Street during regular business hous, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, to complete the appropriate permit application(s)
The following fees apply to Zoning permit applications:
- Zoning permit: $35.00
- Zoning variance request: $311.00
- Re-zoning request: $311.00
- Alley/road vacation request: $740.00
- Special land use application: $189.00
- Land division application: $65.00
- Site plan review (inital): $120.00
- Site plan review (subsequent): $65.00
- Zoning decision appeal: $120.00
- Special meeting request: $65.00
- Annexation delays/2nd requests: $311.00
Site Condominium Applications
- Conceptual site plan: $929.00
- Final site plan: $311.00
Subdivision Control Applications
- Sketch plan: $450.00 + $10/lot
- Tentative preliminary plat: $855.00 + $10/lot
- Subsequent reviews: $340.00 + $10/lot
- Final preliminary plat: $855.00 + $10/lot
- Final plat: $290.00 + $10/lot
- Construction plan review: 1.3% of estimated cost (minimum deposit of $500)
- Construction inspection: Actual costs (minimum deposit of $1000)
Site Plan Requirements Site Plans must be submitted and reviewed for all zoning and building permit applications prior to the issuance of zoning and/or improvement of said sites, unless modified in the same manner as the original site plan approval process.
- Application and Fee: All persons who submit zoning/building permit applications shall file, along with the application, site plans per this process and any building permit fees that there may be. If a variance, rezoning, special land use permit, or formal site plan review is needed, additional fees must accompany the application.
- Planning Commission Review: If, upon receipt of the permit application by the Village Clerk, the Zoning Administrator determines that a variance, rezoning, special land use permit, or formal site plan review is needed, the Planning Commission shall, using the process outlined previously, recommend approval or disapproval of the site plan. The Planning Commission shall advise the applicant, in writing, of the recommendation, including any changes or modifications required to achieve conformity with Village Ordinances and regulations.
- Required Data for Site Plans
- Preferably on 11″ x 17″ paper, to be provided with application.
- Scale of site plan.
- Dimensions of lot.
- Name and address of property-owner, developer, and designer (as appropriate).
- Location of all current and proposed structures/additions on property, as well as their square footages and heights.
- Setbacks of all current and proposed structures/additions from property lines.
- Zoning district the property is in.
- Current on-site parking (if appropriate), and any additional on-site parking (if required).
- Existing easements.
- North arrow.
- Reasons for variance, etc.
- All public utilities in adjacent public right-of-way, if a utility hook-up is required for the project.
- Proposed changes to subject property, such as topographical changes, landscaping, walls, lights, utlity connections, etc.
- Elevation of first floor of existing and proposed structures (if needed).
- Two (2) sets of construction drawings must accompany the application and site plan, in the case of building permit applications.
- Standards for Site Plan Review: In reviewing the site plan, the Zoning Administrator shall determine whether the proposed project conforms to the Village’s Zoning Ordinance. If not, and a variance or rezoning is needed, or the application is for a Special Land Use Permit or formal Site Plan Review, the Zoning Administrator shall submit the application and site plan to the Village Clerk for consideration by the Planning Commission.
- Action of Planning Commission on the Site Plan: If the Planning Commission recommends the site plan for approval, one (1) copy each shall be filed with the Village Zoning Administrator and the Village Clerk, along with the written notifications of the recommendation. If the Planning Commission recommends the site plan for disapproval, the commission shall provide written notification of the disapproval recommendation to the applicant within ten (10) days of the Planning Commission’s action. After action by the Planning Commission, the application will be sent to the Village Council for action.
- Action of the Village Council on the Site Plan: The Village Council shall follow the same procedure as the Planning Commission in considering the application and site plan. If the Village Council disapproves the application, the applicant may take the matter to the Zoning Board of Appeals. The Zoning Board of Appeals shall consider the application in the same manner as the Planning Commission and Village Council. The decision of the Zoning Board of Appeals is final. If the Planning Commission, the Village Council, and the Zoning Board of Appeals all disapprove the application and site plan, then the applicant may then file an amended site plan, which conforms to the Zoning Ordinance and regulations, and which will be reviewed in the same manner as above.
- Expiration of Site Plan Approval: The site plan shall expire one (1) year from the date of issuance of the certificate, unless the Village issues a valid building permit for the project, or the project is completed.
- Amendment and Revision of Site Plan: An approved site plan may be amended upon written request from the applicant. Any such amendment shall be made upon application and in accordance with the procedure outlined above. Any fees paid in connection with any such amendment application may be waived or refunded at the discretion of the Planning Commission.
Visit the Village Office, 130 S. Lane Street, to obtain a sample site plan and more information.